Wednesday, December 21, 2005

One Picture, One Whole Day!

I shoot this picture in 1990 in the Persian Gulf coast with my Rollie medium format camera using 25 ASA B&W Ilford negative. After developing the negative, I decided to print it on a color paper. The strait horizon line of the picture gave me the opportunity to set different color composition while I printing the picture. So I set the color on pure red and dodged the lower part and after that I change the setting to blue and dodge the sky. I was struggling all day long until I printed what I want. Last night when I was looking at this picture I started laughing, because now you can do this in five minutes using image processing software. But still I love this picture because of all that time that I spent in darkroom.

اين عكس رو حدود چهارده سال پيش در ساحل بوشهر گرفتم، با دوربين قطع متوسط رولي‌كورد و نگاتيو حساسيت ٢٥ ايلفورد. بعد از اينكه فيلم رو ظاهر كردم تصميم گرفتم اون رو رنگي چاپ كنم و البته خط افق تصوير هم خيلي بهم كمك كرد. آگران ديسمان رو براي رنگ قرمز تنظيم كردم و با پوشاندن بخش پايين عكس آسمان را نور دادم. بعد با تنظيم آگران براي رنگ آبي و پوشاندن آسمان، بخش پايين تصوير را نوردادم. تقريباً تمام روز دست و پا زدم تا بالاخره چيزي رو كه مي‌خواستم چاپ كنم. ديشب كه به اين عكس نگاه مي‌كردم خنده‌ام گرفت چون حالا در كمتر از پنچ دقيقه ميشه با فتوشاپ اين كار رو انجام داد. به هر حال من اين عكس رو به خاطر وقتي كه توي تاريكخانه صرف كردم خيلي دوست دارم

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done and well said. The tools have changed and will continue to become more effective and affecting but what will always make THE difference at the end of the day is the creativity of their user. I like the rich tones in this shot, makes the scene surreal.

11:46 AM  
Blogger MBrown said...

This one has a sense of mystery about it that I really like.
It's different, ... and I like "different"!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home