Thursday, December 15, 2005

Univers Dancing Around Mt. Damavand


Twenty five years ago, when I started photography, my literature teacher at school told me that photography is the art of capturing moments and being a good photographer, you should have a camera with high shutter speed and fast lens. I wonder what he is going to say watching me doing my night shots.
In the middle of the night and at the altitude of 12000 feet, I chose 8 for the aperture on my 28mm wide angle lens and shoot the picture for 75 minutes. I wish I could extend the shooting time by 30 more minutes but I couldn’t resist, it was freezing up there!

٢٥ سال پيش وقتي تازه عكاسي رو شروع كرده بودم، معلم ادبيات مدرسه بهم مي‌گفت عكاسي يعني شكار لحظه و كسي عكاس خوبيه كه قادر باشه با دوربينش لحظات كوتاه و استثنايي رو شكار كنه. خيلي دلم مي‌خواست بدونم وقتي من رو موقع عكاسي در شب مي‌ديد چي فكر مي‌كرد. شب از نيمه گذشته بود كه من در ارتفاع ٤٠٠٠ متري جبهة جنوبي دماوند دوربينم رو براي گرفتن اين عكس علم كردم. ديافراگم ٨ رو روي لنز وايد ٢٨ ميليمتري بستم، ستاره قطبي درست بالاي قله قرار گرفته بود، ٧٥ دقيقه شاتر رو باز نگه داشتم. خيلي دلم مي‌خواست ٣٠ دقيقة ديگر هم نور بدم ولي راستش ديگه تقريباً يخ زده بودم

5 Comments:

Blogger MBrown said...

One of the most stunning images that I have seen in quite some time.
This is one creation that deserves wall space!
The composition, the colors, the lighting, and one damn good photographer all comes together at the right moment in time!!

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Arash,
This is one of the best weblogs which I have seen, good luck. I am in California too.

6:17 PM  
Blogger wildpic said...

nature and photography is all about working the same formula with a new variable.
wonderfull pics, good going !

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

salam arash joon
i enjoy in your nice weblog

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutley outstanding shot. 75 mins shutter. Awsome. Bet your photography teacher would be in awe of the end result.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home