Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Mt. Damavand, The Greate White Daemon



To Iranians, Damavand is not simply a stratovolcano with17000 feet height. It’s a part of the Persian culture, literature and epic, in one word, it is a unique symbol for the grate Persia and this is why this giant beauty is venerable to us. I have a very strong and also strange attachment to this mountain. As a mountaineer I love it because it’s the highest summit in the Middle East, as a geologist I love it because it is a very unique geological phenomena in Alborz mountain range, and as a person whose name is Arash I love it because it always reminds me of the old Persian epic “Shahnameh”. I took these shots from Nandal Village which you can see the northern view of Damavan. Both pictures are taken in same day, within a 15 minutes I took tow different shots with totally different taste. Thanks to the unique climate condition of the region!

فكر ميكنم براي هيچ ايراني لازم به توضيج نيست كه چرا كوه دماوند اينقدر براي ما قابل احترام و دوست داشتنيه. ارتباط من با اين كوه حتي براي خودم هم عجيبه. هر وفت كه ميبينمش اشك تو چشمام جمع ميشه و ياد تمام وقايع تاريخي و حماسي مي افتم كه نام ايران رو در تاريخ بشريت جاودانه كرده و با خودم ميگم آيا واقعاً ما مستحق اين چيزي هستيم كه الان بر سر ما ميرود؟

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you're making me quite nostalgic! Some believe the fact that some naturescapes have been photgraphed gzillion times, it's not worth the time and effor to have a personal take at it. I disagree. You can't possibly replicate a photographe as muc has you can't "swim in the same river twice". I think it's our personal empression that gives any naturescape a unique meaning. I have always wanted to camp at the feet of "The white Giant" for a month, free from the world. You've had the chance Arash many times to be there, and I envy you! Hopefully someday...

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These images are greate I really love them. You recalled me what "mangifique" landscapes exist in my country. Thanks!

10:06 AM  
Blogger MBrown said...

Stunning imagery, ... and a well written site!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

دوست عزیز
ممنون از حضور و کامنت هوشمندانه اتان.
خوشحالم که پیام پوسته زیرین این پست را گرفته اید.
راستی! من هم عاشق دماوند هستم.
موفق باشید.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home