Monday, December 12, 2005

Alam Kuh Region in Central Alborz, North of Iran




Takht-e-Soleyman area in Central Alborz is one of the most amazings areas in Iran regarding hiking and mountaineering and also regarding the natural heritage. The avarage elevation of the area is above 11000 feet and Alam Kuh is the highest summit in the area with altitude of 15750 feet. I spent nearly two months there with a group of my friends and also my supervisor doing geological investigation during the joint project between Tehran University and University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). We had a great time there and we enjoyed it. But telling the truth when I came back from Alam Kuh a piece of my heart left there. For a long period of time I had a feeling (which still have it) that I lost something. Walking above the clouds in thin air and under the bright sun made me feel that I am close to the sky and I can jump into the cloud's pool. I really missed that place, I mean really.
منطقة تخت سليمان در البرز مركزي يكي از مناطق بسيار جذاب ايران محسوب ميشه كه هم از نظر كوهنوردي جالبه و هم از نظر مناظر طبيعي. من اين شانس رو داشتم كه به همراه دوستانم و البته يكي از اساتيدم مدت دو ماهي رو اونجا سپري كنم. در اين مدت مشغول مطالعات زمين‌شناسي براي يك پروژه مشترك بين دانشگاه تهران و دانشگاه كاليفرنيا بوديم و البته بايد اعتراف كنم كه دوران بسيار خوبي رو با هم گذرانديم. ولي راستش رو بگم وقتي از علم كوه برگشتم احساس كردم بخشي از وجودم رو اونجا جا گذاشتم. راه رفتن بالاي ابرها در اون ارتفاع و زير آفتابي تابان باعث مي‌شد تا احساس كنم به آسمون خيلي نزديكم، دلم مي‌حواست بپرم توي ابرها. حدود ٩ سالي از اين ماجرا ميگذره ولي من هنوز از فكر علم كوه بيرون نميام

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super photos, a delicate and powerful memory. I felt the same when I visited Utah. Part of me never left there. There are so many places in Iran that I wish to go to (and back to) and see them through my new me and camera again. Keep the flow comming!

Cheers

Ali

Http://zeninphotography.com

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

آرش جان
عکس هاي فوق العاده اي را روي سايت گذاشتي. براي من بسيار جالب است که از زاويه ديد ديگران به موضوعات مختلف نگاه کنم. اما ديدن تصوير دومي که زير کوه پوشيده از ابر مخملين قرار دارد حس عجيبي در من ايجاد کرد، تو گويي اين ستارگان از زمين به طرف فضا در حال پرواز و يا فرار هستند. به راستي در سرزمين مشترک ما چه شده که ستارگانش اينچنين در گريزند؟
پيغام

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos!

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home