Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Rhythm of Love

Although all of the people are very kind to me during my stay in the village but I was considered as a city boy from Tehran for the first hours. A boy with camera and tape recorder who wants to see the mad men of god and the sacred chant! After finishing the first round of the chant, my friend, Rahim asked me to play Daf with him. I started playing and tried to synchronize myself with him. We played for fifteen minutes switching between the Sufi rhythms. When we finished, my host asked me to play a solo and I played a combination of Sufi rhythms and some modern ones as smoothly as possible. During my performance, I tried to use their skills and also not to be bragged. After my solo has finished, Arash was not a city boy any more, I was one of them. Playing among them not only increased my knowledge about the rhythms and playing skills, but also helped me to get closed to whole community. In this picture, Rahim is playing and also singing in the chant. Click here if you wish to listen to some of these rhythms.
با وجود همه احترام و محبتي كه مردم در حق من روا مي‌داشتند ولي در ساعات اوليه ورودم به اين روستا همه به من به عنوان يك بچه شهري از تهران اومده نگاه مي‌كردند كه با دوربين و ضبط صوتش راه افتاده تا مراسم سماع دراويش را ببيند. بعد از اينكه دور اول دعا خواني و سماع تمام شد، دوستم رحيم از من خواست تا با او همنوازي كنم. من و رحيم حدود ١٥ دقيقه دف زديم و در تمام مدت من سعي مي‌كردم تا خودم را با او هماهنگ كنم به ويژه كه مجبور بودم به همراه او چندين بار ريتمهاي مختلف را اجرا كنم. پس از اينكه دف نوازي تمام شد، ميزبان ما از من خواست تا كمي تكنوازي كنم، من هم قطعه‌اي مركب از ريتمهاي خانقاهي و ريتمهاي نوين اجرا كردم و تلاش كردم تا علاوه بر استفاده از تكنيكهاي دف نوازي آنها از هر گونه خودنمايي نيز بپرهيزم. بعد از اينكه نواختنم تمام شد جمع براي من صلوات فرستاد. فهميدم كه ديگه آرش يك بچه شهري نيست و جزئي از آنها شده. همراهي در دف نوازي با ايشان نه تنها اطلاعات زيادي را در رابطه با ريتمهاي خانقاهي و تكنيكهاي مختلف دف نوازي در اختيار من قرار داد بلكه سبب هرچه نزديكتر شدن من به مردم اين خطه از كشورم شد. در تصوير بالا رحيم را در حين نواختن دف و اداي ذكر مي‌بينيد. در صورت تمايل به شنيدن برخي از اين ريتمها اينجا را كليك كنيد

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting story. Kepp these coming Arash. Nothing could captur the essence of such an experience liek B&W film.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam
It's great that we can hear about your experiences of being with some Iranian sufis.
Unfortunately I became interested in sufism after I came to the State.
Now I know what a diamond is there in our pocket and we just don't know.
Now that I am here I so much wish I could be around these people.
Ali told me you have seen some Naghshbandi followers.
I am interested to know about the followers of this particular order. That would be great if you could as well share some about them with us.
Thanks
Salvi

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

سلام بر آرش عزیز
از آنجا که همسر و رئیس بنده! هم کرد تشریف دارند؛ فلذا این عکسهای سیاه و سفید را که از قضا با روحیات مردم آن دیار هم کاملاً سازگار است, قاپیدم!!
موفق باشی.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

راستی! من هم اکنون در میان کنگی (سیستان- مرز افغانستان) هستم و اینجا چقدر سوژه برای یک عکاس هوشمند وجود دارد.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Shahrokh said...

an amazing composition, thanks for the link to the different beats

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home