Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Look


I used to work on the geology of the Sistan & Balouchestan coastline for couple of months and had the opportunity to visit one of the greatest places on earth. Despite of the harsh environmental condition of this area, Sistan & Balouchestan is full of surprises and contrasts. It has a very active geology with volcanic belts, faults and uplifting coastline along with the unique geomorphological features. It is the habitat of some unique reptiles, birds and mammals and gives you the opportunity to walk from the barren desert to the blue ocean in less than fifteen minutes. Although the people of this area suffers from the lack of infrastructure and bad economical condition but they are full of hope and hospitality.
I was heading back to my camp in Chabahar when I saw this little girl playing in front of her house. I took the camera and wish she doesn’t run away and let me to shoot some pictures. Since I had my 50 mm lens on my camera, I have to get close and surprisingly she just sat there and watched me. Maybe she was thinking, what the hell he wants from me? Couldn’t he just let me play? I took several shots and then back to the car and took my other camera with 100mm lens and B&W negative. She was still there and let me to shoot some B&Ws. Her eyes had a very strange look; maybe she tried to read my mind or wanted to tell me something. Maybe she was hoping for the bright future and wanted to ask me “Are you the one who tries to make a better future for me?” This was happened ten years ago but I still feel the lightness of her look.
چند ماهي كه روي زمين‌شناسي خط ساحلي استان سيستان و بلوچستان كار مي‌كردم اين فرصت رو به من داد تا از سرزميني بسيار عجيب ديدن كنم. سرزميني پر ازاسرار با مردماني اسرار آميزتر. يك روز كه داشتم به اقامتگاهم در چابهار بر مي‌گشتم از روستاايي عبور كردم و اين دختر را در حال بازي كردن ديدم. دوربينم رو برداشتم و خدا خدا ميكردم تا قبل ازاينكه فرار كنه بتونم ازش چندتايي عكس بگيرم. چون لنز نرمال روي دوربينم بود مجبور بودم خيلي بهش نزديك بشم و در كمال تعجب ديدم كه نه تنها فرار نكرد بلكه همينطور نشسته بود و به من نگاه مي‌كرد. شايد به خودش مي‌گفت اين ديگه از جون من چي مي‌خواد؟ چرا من رو ول نمي‌كنه تا بازيم رو بكنم؟ چندتايي عكس گرفتم و برگشتم توي ماشين و دوربين ديگرم رو كه لنز تله ١٠٠ ميليمتري و نگاتيو سياه و سفيد داشت برداشتم. دخترك هنوز همونجا نشسته بود و با چشماني زيبا و نگاهي عجيب به من ظل زده بود. شايد داشت فكر من رو مي‌خوند يا اينكه مي‌خواست چيزي به من بگه. شايد آرزوي دنيايي بهتر رو مي‌كرد و مي‌خواست از من بپرسه كه ”آيا تو همون كسي هستي كه مي‌خواهي آينده بهتري براي من بسازي؟“ از اون وقت حدود ده سالي ميگذره ولي هنوز بار نگاه اين دختر روي دوشم سنگيني ميكنه

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

سلام آرش جان
سه تا نكته!
اول اينكه ما دوتا چقدر از نظر هيكل و شكل ظاهري شبيه هم هستيم!
دوم اينكه عكس جديدت مبارك
و سوم اينكه گويا دخترك متعلق به سرزمين گاندو و باهوكلات باشد! درست است؟

4:14 AM  
Blogger MBrown said...

A beautiful child indeed, yet with a face that seems as if there are many stories to be told even at her very young age!

A great capture Arash!!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home