Saturday, February 11, 2006

Journey to Beyond

Five years a go I had a wonderful trip to the western part of Iran, namely Kurdestan, to buy a couple of Persian frame drums (DAF) and also to got familiar with some sacred sufi rhythms. Unexpectedly, an ordinary trip to Kurdestan turned to one of the most valuable experience that one can have had in his life. I will talk more about it later.
پنج سال پيش براي خريد دف و همچنين آشنايي با شيوه دف نوازي در خانقاه به كردستان سفر كردم. هرگز تصور نمي‌كردم يك سفر معمولي به كردستان به يكي از با ارزش ترين تجربيات زندگي من بدل بشه. بعداً در اين رابطه بيشتر صحبت خواهم كرد

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahaa! So we finally got to these photos. I can't wait to hear your stories and experiences there. The light on this is quite creamy. If DM was allowed on this, I'd make the background dark to single out the sage.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Shahrokh said...

great contrast and comp., I like the old man sitting no the left side and others in the background, this man seems like is in a deep sorrow like a loss of a family member, a son or . . . ; I wish I could identify that. I haven’t been as lucky as you, I’ve never seen the west and south of the country, but I’ll do it some day before it’s too late

“. . . someday I’ll come and plant a flower on top of every wall”

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonjour Arash,

Yes, tell us about your experience in this far away country. Without really knowing why, your short remark reminds me of a movie I saw years ago "Encounters with important men". If you had such an important spiritual encounter, don't keep it for yourself.

Georg

1:06 AM  
Blogger suratgar said...

سلام آرش خان خوبي؟ نمي دونم چرا چرخ و فلک درکارن که من اين عکسا رو نبينم راستي من با اي ميل ياهو بهتون اي ميل فرستادم برگشت خورد. شما هم به اين اي ميلم اگر ممکنه عکسا رو بفرستين
mani_suratgar@yahoo.com

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great lighting, should say right moment for shooting.

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog Arash,
Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos, and your experience, I found them inspiring.
Amir,

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home